Sunday, September 19, 2010

Psalm 30:5

Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. ~Psalm 30:5

This day is always a rough one for me. September as a whole is very bittersweet. September 16, 2004 is when I found out I was pregnant with Austin. September 29th is Adam's birthday. September 19, 1999 is the day my father took his life 11 years ago. September 19, 2007 is the day I found out one of our sweet babies was ectopic and wouldn't make it.

September.

I know for a lot of people loss is not something easily discussed. It is hard for us to accept and to process. Our earthly bodies and minds can't always see the grace and glory on the other side.
On this day, I too fall victim to the sadness that loss is so willing to lend us. I felt it all week as this day has approached. Silently and cunningly weaving itself into my heart with its lies. And I will admit, the sadness has brought me to my knees. And it would keep me there if I didn't know the TRUTH.

The truth is that I, alone, can not face and bear the weight of this sinful world. However, I am not alone.

...the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6


I will turn their mourning into joy and will comfort them and give them joy for their sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30


And indeed, sweet friends, His burden is light.

This world offers so much pain, but in Him comes peace, true peace. He never promised an easy journey but He also promised that He would never leave us to face it alone.

So it is in His word, that I can see the lies for what they are.

This year, I find myself missing my dad more than ever. I watch Austin and EJ grow and I know he would have made a fantastic grandfather. I can just see the smile he would have had while taking them fishing. Oh how I wish he could take them fishing.

And oh how grateful I am that my heavenly Father knows my heart and is ever present. My boys may never know my dad, but they will know our Father.

And I know there is no void, no wound, no pain, to large for Jesus. There is no day in which He can not bring joy and glory. Even on this day. Especially on this day.

And I yearn for the day that all this will disappear and I can see my Savior face to face. Until that day, I will cling to the truth and I will rest in Him.

Though the night may bring mourning friends, there will be joy come the new day.

Thank you Savior for the new day and joy you bring. Thank you for your peace which truly does surpass all understanding. Thank you for bringing Glory into the darkest of hours. Thank you for your comfort when we need it most. Thank you for all your promises which you have never abandoned. Thank You Jesus, for carrying us all.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...