Saturday, January 21, 2012

a very eventful week

Well, well, where to start?

Maybe with the fact that we had to go to the ER this week for this little guy:


Notice the black staining? Yeah. Since all the boys have been really sick this week, I would go and check on them before I went to bed. Well this night I noticed EJ had black snot all over his face. I quickly ran to google and searched what could cause that and lets just stay do not google it! I was terrified of rare fungal infections in immune compromised people! Anyway, I ran back to EJ to suction his nose with the bulb syringe. I needed a sample and I wanted him to breathe better. (Totally realize I sound crazy at this point!)
So nothing is coming out at all at this point. Then he sneezed and a black bean flew out. Yes. A black bean.
Apparently black beans are for more than eating.


So I wake him up to look in his little nose and it is full of beans! I tried gently to get some out but I couldn't. So I called Childrens and they said to bring him in. In the middle of the night. With all the sick kids. Awesome.


Needless to say we were in and out in an hour and a half and there were four beans total. EJ said he felt much better afterwards and that he would not stick beans up his nose. Well lets just say we will be avoiding all small round foods for awhile ;)


As far as the sickies go, they are still here. I though EJ was finally getting better (his cough and stomach issues are gone at least) but today his nose was a faucet again. Austins too. He stayed home all week but should be well enough by monday.


And Matthew is the worst of all. Poor baby has finished his course of pred and antibiotics but still needs the nebulizer ever four hours. His wheezing is only a little bit better and it has been five days. Sometimes he has episodes where he is retracting and it scares me. Plus his nose is still so congested that it makes it hard to nurse. But his appetite is up and he is a little better. It is just one long drawn out bug I suppose. Goodness knows we have seen the pediatrician enough!


On a good note Matthew sits totally unsupported now for as long as he wants. He isn't wobbly at all and can sit so well! I can't believe how big he is now. He is also doing better in the car a bit. This is such a relief!! He still prefers when we don't stop (lol) but as long as we are going he is fine now.


We are working with some serious attachment issues but I can I just say, thank goodness for the ergo! He screams when I put him down and leave for a second. If I put him down I have to be right there playing with him. Not folding clothes or doing something else. I have to be making eye contact and talking and playing. If not he has to be in the Ergo. He absolutely will not self soothe or play/observe on his own right now. Maybe because he is sick? Hopefully it will get better soon as 8 hours in the Ergo hurts!

EJ is a little cutie right now. He talks and talks and says the absolute cutest things. His voice is at that precious stage and he cracks me up daily. Tonight we were eating dinner and he actually ate bread sticks dipped in olive oil and spices and then a whole plate of asparagus! This is super adventurous for him! And then he wanted to "do cheers, mommy"! So we tapped our glasses and said cheers between every drink. Such a precious boy!


This picture cracks me up!!! Super blurry (I know, they all are) but really shows my life right now!
I love how Austin is always peaking in expecting to be missing out on the action :) Oh and can I just say, that boy is GROWING by leaps and bounds! Two pants sizes this fall/winter! I look at him and all of a sudden he looks like a big kid. I can not believe my first baby is now so big! Crazy!

And yay! We will be moving soon! You will be hearing that more and more as the day approaches!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...