Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall-Tacular guest post- Candle Vases

Although these are very similar to the hurricanes I made, I LOVED the idea of having two separate spaces (one for the candle and one for the filler), so I had to share! My lovely friend Erin was willing to do a guest post to share her idea!

Hey there! I'm Erin, known in the blogging world as Mama Dub. You can find me over at "Life in the Dub Lane". I'm an avid blogger and a fellow Fall lover. I'm not exactly sure what draws me to Fall, but I have a pretty good feeling it's a mix of the cooler weather, the fragrances, the approaching holidays and the foods! What is there not to love!


I would love to share with you a fun fall craft that I recently created. It's fun, simple, cheap and very festive.
Meet the Dub Lane $7 Fall Candle Vases.





All of the items used were purchased at The Dollar Tree.
Here's what you need:
- 2 Large Hurricane Vases {$1 each}
- 2 White Glass Jar Candles {$1 each}
- 2 Candle Holders {brown} {$1 each}
- 1 Bag Moss {I chose bag with mixes of browns and greens} {$1}
- Glue Gun {I had on hand}






Now for the easy "How-To":
* Begin by hot gluing the bottom of the hurricane vase to the candle holder. {Simple}
* Sit the White Glass Jar Candle into the Hurricane Vase. {Simple}
* Pull some of the moss out of the bag and stuff around the Jar Candle. {I used a butter knife to poke it to the bottom}.
* Trim the wick on the candles and you are done!
{Note: You will notice that the wick on the candles are about 2 inches long. I recommend that you trim them to a more appropriate wick length before burning}.






When Fall has come and gone, just change it up a bit.... Halloween, Christmas, you get the idea.... the possibilities are endless!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...